Intro to Handgun Shooting Marksmanship Course
The 4-hr Intro to Handgun shooting course is designed to prepare to students to develop reliable safe gun handling skills and marksmanship with a focus on the defensive use of a handgun for personal protection. Students must bring a reliable handgun and at least 150 rounds of commercially manufactured ammunition. Loaner pistols are available and we can provide ammunition if needed at the cost of the ammunition.The class will cover the following information:
- Nomenclature and cleaning of your handgun
- Safe Gun Handling and Rules of Using & Storing Firearms
- Ammunition Knowledge Fundamentals of Marksmanship with live fire practice.
Class is limited to 5 students – cost of the class is $80.
Intro to Defensive Handgun Shooting course
The 4-hr Intro to Defensive Handgun shooting course is designed to continue students’ development of reliable safe gun handling skills and marksmanship with a focus on the defensive use of a handgun for personal protection. Student should have completed a basic pistol shooting class or have equivalent experience with a handgun. Students must bring a reliable handgun, a holster and 150 rounds of commercially manufactured ammunition (no magnums), and appropriate range clothing (close-toed shoes / no low-cut tops). Class is limited to 4 students. Cost of the course is $80.
CWR is excited to add Red Dot Defensive Pistol. This 6 hour course is designed to give shooters of every level a path to shooting a red dot equipped pistol more accurately and efficiently. The red dot pistol is certainly here to stay – come learn how to run the gun to its full potential.
- Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero. 25 yard confirmation.
- The Draw and how to find the dot.
- Red dots at any distance from contact to as far as you can accurately shoot.
- Tracking the dot in recoil.
- How to practice on your own.
- Target transitions
- Shooting on the move
- Slide mounted red dot pistol.
- The ability to carry 3 mags (1 in gun, 2 in pouches or pockets).
- Good holster of student’s choice. No Serpas. No old leather holsters.
- 200 rounds of reliable ammo.
- Eye & Hearing protection.
This is not a beginner course. Students should already be able to safely draw, holster, reload and generally handle a firearm. Course is limited to 6 people and the course fee is $150.